Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Christmas Train


 

I love travelling by train. When I graduated from college I would take the train from DC to NY all the time.  It was a nice reprieve from flying which I did for my job all the time. Train travel gives you a lot of freedom to do things you can't do if you fly or drive.  For example you can sleep on a train while it is moving which I guess you can do if you fly but I have never been able to do this. People have been known to snooze  while they drive but it is not recommended. Accidents happen, no good.  You can drink alcoholic beverages, again not recommended when driving.  You can walk around, read listen to music and watch the world go by from your window.  I think you get my drift.

In the Christmas Train, Tom Langdon decides to take the train from DC to LA.  Actually the decision is made for him since he has been banned from flying for two years. Long story read the book. Since he is a journalist, he decides to write about his train travel experience.  Why not he is already experiencing it.  Once he boards the train he meets a very interesting group of people and is very surprised when Eleanor the one that got away is on his train.  Imagine that.  Bam! The train ride has now become really interesting. In addition to the interesting characters, there is a thief on board and the train gets stuck on the tracks because of an avalanche So Christmas is a little different for those on board.  But different is good right?  Oh and there is a twist in the story, one I did not see coming but only because I wasn't really paying as much attention as I should have, silly me.  I really enjoyed the book and would give it a Ho Ho Ho my highest rating for a holiday book.  If you haven't read it yet give it a try. For more info on this book follow the link The Christmas Train

No comments:

Post a Comment