Saturday, July 11, 2020

Weddings in the Time of COVID - The Guest List




To me Weddings are extremely stressful.  I know mine was.  My husband and I were all about having the wedding in front of the Justice of the Peace but my Dad was not having it.

When I met my husband and we decided to get married he was in the military stationed at Walter Reed but in the middle of the planning he was sent to a base in Virginia about an hour from Richmond,  He then got his orders to go overseas so there were a lot of moving parts.  I had a job that I loved that required me to be on the road 4 days a week.

The wedding was in New York so I would end up flying to New York 2 times a month from where ever I was.  It was exhausting.  Plus we still wanted a simple wedding which was a little too simple for my family so it turned out somewhere in the middle.  I had also only met my husband's family once before all of this and planning a wedding is not a good time to be getting to know your in-laws.

This book is all about the wedding of a magazine publisher Jules and her handsome reality show fiancee.  Jules wants everything to be perfect and it does start out that way until the guests arrive.  The main characters all have a lot of baggage and I don't mean the kind you pack your clothes in, I mean emotional baggage.  Top that off with the remote location of the wedding venue and the fact that a dead body turns up and you have a real page turning novel.

I loved how the author wove all the character story lines together.  This is a great summer read.




No comments:

Post a Comment