Sunday, July 26, 2020

Blueberry Season During the time of COVID





Blueberries are plentiful.  I was shopping this morning and when I walked through the produce department they called out to me to take them home. I love blueberries so I willingly obliged.  In fact I bought three pints.

I am going to make the zucchini and blueberry bread I blogged about earlier. I had to eat some plain.  I just popped them in my mouth and savored their sweetness. Then, since I have always wanted to make scones I decided to make blueberry scones.  They came out pretty good so I am sharing the recipe I found on allrecipes.com.  Hope you enjoy them.  

2 cups Flour                                                    1/4 c chilled butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar                            1 cup blueberries               
1 tablespoon baking powder                             3/4 cup half and half
1/4 tsp salt                                                     1 egg

  • Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut butter int the dry mix.  I actually grated frozen butter.
  • Add blueberries.
  • In a separate bowl beat  egg and add half and half
  • Slowly pour egg mix into dry ingredients
  • Divide dough into half
  • Shape each half int a 6 inch round.
  • Cut each round into 6 pieces
  • Place dough on sheet pan lined with parchment paper
  • Bake in 375 degree oven until dne.

No comments:

Post a Comment