Saturday, September 6, 2014

If I Stay




Wow this is another one of those "young adult"  books that can be read by adults.  The protagonist is near and dear to my heart.  She is a musician.  My daughter played and sometimes still plays the violin.  In fact she was the one who recommended this book to me.  I liked the story and the writing style was pretty good as well especially when you take into account that it is written for a less mature audience. 

Everything can change in an instance

What really gets me thinking after reading this book is how in an instance everything in your world can change.  We are so naïve to think we have control of our lives. I try to find something positive and joyous to hold onto each day. Sometimes it is so hard.  I also try very hard to cherish those important in my life because it only takes a moment and one can be gone. 

I also decided to see the movie.  I figured why not.  I liked The Fault In Our Stars, maybe I would get lucky again.  The movie followed the book pretty closely and was a decent movie.  Although I liked The Fault in Our Stars the book and the movie, this one worked as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment