Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Accident





Reading this book was no accident.  I was given the opportunity by Random House when they sent me the book.  Since the book revolves around the publication of a book it sparked my interest.  I am fascinated by the publishing world, even more so now that there is all this controversy surrounding Amazon and Hachette. I do have to admit Amazon is making me a little mad right now.  If you are a company that is suppose to be selling books, sell books. Don't play games.  I will not say anything else on the subject.
I am always a little hesitant when a "new author" publishes their second book especially when I like the first one.  I guess I am afraid of being disappointed. That is how I felt when I saw that Chris Pavone had written his second novel.  I really enjoyed his first novel The Expat. Would the next book be as good? Yes it most certainly was!

The story surrounds a book written by an author that wishes to stay anonymous due to the subject matter of the book.  Right from the beginning you can feel the tension and it only heightens as the book progresses.  The reader is carried into a dangerous world on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. There is the CIA agent Hayden, the literary agent Isabel,the author Anonymous  and some characters from The Expat just to name a few. Each of these characters has their reasons for either publishing or not publishing this revealing novel. 

Pavone does a great job weaving and connecting the characters and then bringing the story to a climax and ultimate conclusion. His writing style is smart, descriptive and filled with intrigue. All I can say is I hope he writes another book.  This time there will be no hesitation to read it. 

And if you read and enjoy this book and have not read The Expats consider reading it.  See my post June 23, 2012.


"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment