Monday, July 28, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday




It has been quite a few weeks since I have played my little game using the Washington Post bestseller list.  I guess I grew tired of the uninspiring list or the same old same old of the list.  This Sunday Out of the 10 paperbacks listed I read 6. Four are definitely Beach Reads.  They are Gone Girl, The Orphan Train, Bombshell by Catherine Coulter and Deadline by Sandra Brown.  I have posts on all these books. Just look on the left side of my blog to get older posts.
Once again I decide to check out the NY Times.  They have multiple lists. Proof of Heaven has been on the NY Times bestseller list for 91 weeks and is still number 14 on the paperback non-fiction list.  I can't believe it took me so long to read it. I blogged about it this past Saturday. Also on this non fiction list is Orange is the New Black, Wild and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.  The book about Henrietta Lacks has been on the bestseller list for a whopping 170 weeks and is coming in at number 12 this week.  It is a great read if you haven't picked it up yet give it a try. The other two books are good as well.
In the number 22 slot is Devil in the White City.  This has been out for a very long time.  The book reads almost as if it were fiction.  Unfortunately this really happened.  A predator existed in Chicago during the time of the 1893 World's Fear. Scary!  I am sure many of you out there read it, but if you haven't add it to your list.

This week I hope to finish The Accident by Chris Pavone.  Perhaps you have read his first book The Expats.  You can check out my post from June 23, 2012.  I really liked his first book and can't wait to read this one. 

Till next time.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment