Friday, August 22, 2014

Sharks Swallowed whole




The ocean is a beautiful wonder of the earth.  As a child and an adult I have spent many summers at the beach.  Waking up early and taking a stroll on the beach and watching the sunrise is something I like to do.  And yet I have problems with the ocean.   I have nightmares about the ocean.  I am not sure when it started but I think seeing a man after a shark attack was just the beginning.  He was a mess. The movie The Poseidon  Adventure did not help matters. 

I am not sure what bothers me the most, the depth, the intensity of the waves or the powerful and often deadly sea creatures such as sharks.  I absolutely will not take a vacation on a cruise ship.  I can't bear the thought of being out on the vast ocean with no land in sight.  Up until now I thought sharks where really the biggest problem.  Turns out Grouper can be scary as well.  I was watching the news when they showed this Grouper swallowing a Shark WHOLE!  The shark was small but still who would have thought a shark would be eaten WHOLE!
Alas Grouper has now been added to my What to fear when in the ocean list.  If you haven't seen the grouper/shark thing I have attached a link.

To my friends that dive, please be careful!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y27LSPcbeB4

No comments:

Post a Comment