Monday, August 18, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday




This past Sunday I went to play my little game.  You know the one where I go to the Washington Post and see how many of the top ten books either hardback or paperback I have read.  Well this week it was hard covers and I usually don't do well with that list.  As expected I hadn't read a single book.  Here is the worst part, I am in a reading slump.  It doesn't happen often but I just haven't been in the mood to read. Even my stack of books that I usually find tempting has dwindled. And the bestseller lists have provided me with no inspiration at all.  So I was thinking maybe I need to concentrate on finding older books that are great but that I missed. It is important that I get a reading list together since the dark days of winter are rapidly approaching.  That means that I will be more motivated to spend evening in the house and theoretically there will be more time for reading. And I don't know about you but I try to have a dozen books on my list at all time and at least two or three on my nightstand or on my kindle.

 So I am on the hunt for good books.  If any of you out there have suggestions I am all ears.   

No comments:

Post a Comment