Monday, April 21, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday




The sun is shining and it is warming up.  It is nice to see flowers blooming.  This is one of my favorite times of the year.  It is not hot yet.  I hate the summer heat and humidity.  I would rather have the cold.  Not the single digits cold just the 40 ish kind where you need a coat, hat scarf and mittens but you can still feel your face when you step outside. Maybe I can sit outside at lunch time this week and read.

If you have been reading my blog by now you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6, 2013 post. This week I scored really big, 5 out of 10. Out of the five I just want to say that King and Maxwell and The Orphan Train are ones you should add to your list if you haven't read them yet.

This week I am finishing the book Astonish Me.  It is by the author who wrote Seating Arrangements. (Check out my post from 3/19) The author writes about the dance world which has been a topic that I have always been very interested in. If you like technical and financial espionage you will love the Prince of Risk.  Check out my pot from this past week.

 I think I might pick up The Fault in Our Stars. My daughter read it and recommended it to me. A movie based on the book is being released in June and I hate seeing the movie and then reading the book.  Rule number 22 read the book first.

HAve a great week and Happy reading

 

No comments:

Post a Comment