Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lunch In Paris




This is clearly a romance not only between two people which it is but between this couple and the city of Paris.  So in essence one of the main "characters" of this book is the city of Paris and it is a great character. The author takes you through the city not through a tourist eye but through a Parisian's eye.  I found myself falling in love with the small apartment, the streets and the restaurants and of course the food. Let us also not forget the developing love between the couple. Amour Magnifique!
To my foodie friends this book was fun because many of the recipes for the dishes eaten by the characters were included.  I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but the description of these foods just made my mouth water.  Maybe it has more to do with the context of the story than the food.  Either way this book was a fun read and made me yearn to see Paris in this exact way.  Dare I dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment