Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All Things Downton Abbey





I hope that when I say this many of you won't hate me but I like Highclere Castle much more than I like the actual drama set there.  I do watch the Masterpiece classic show but I am just not as dedicated to it as so many people seem to be.  In fact there was a great show on the Castle and the Earl of Carnarvan, whose family has owned this castle since 1679,on PBS which I enjoyed.  English history and the English monarchy is always a fascinating subject.

That is why I wanted to share this article from the March 30th edition of The Washington Post.  Any of  you Downton Abbey fans that might be travelling in or through Delaware consider stopping off to see the “Costumes of Downton Abbey” exhibit at the Henry Francis du Pont estate-turned-museum in Delaware’s Brandywine Valley.  It is slated to run until early January 2015. 

You can read the article to get more of a feel  for the exhibit.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/costumes-of-downton-abbey-dresses-the-part-at-winterthur/2014/03/27/dc743cd8-ae15-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment