Sunday, June 17, 2012




Bond Girl by Erin Duffy

This book literally showed up at my doorstep and I don’t mean that I ordered it online. I am very lucky. Every so often I get to preview a book sent to me by a publisher and this was one of those books. The book is about a women working in what is still considered a man’s world—investing. I know this really doesn’t fit into the romance, thriller or mystery category but it isn’t heavy reading but it is pretty fast paced. So I think I am going to say this can qualify as a beach read.


Alex Duffy is not one of the girls she is one of the guys. We meet Alex after she has joined the firm of Cromwell Pierce. She is assigned to the bond department and when she shows up for her first day she is assigned a chair and that is about all. No desk, No phone no nothing. And it’s not just any chair it is a folding chair labeled Girlie. I think you get the picture. Her chair has no permanent place nor does she. She is at the bottom of the barrel, so either she works her tail off and to make it up the food chain or she fails. Luckily she is feisty and ambitious. Two traits I highly admire and aspire to when I grow up.
The guys put her through the paces but I definitely found myself cheering for her. Kind of like I am woman hear me roar.


Along the way she breaks some rules like the one that says DON’T GET INVOLVED WITH A CO-WORKER which can lead to words that Donald Trump likes to use YOU’RE FIRED. I’m not saying that does happen but it might. I will let you read the book to find out about Alex’s journey in this jungle.


As always let me know what you think




No comments:

Post a Comment