Sunday, June 17, 2012

 
The Blue Bottle Club by Penelope J Stokes


It is Christmas 1929. Up in the attic of this beautiful mansion, four girls write down what their future will be and vow to be friends forever. They put their notes into a blue bottle and hide it in the rafters of the attic where they hope that no one will find it except them. They are excited about the future and what life holds for them. They are on top of the world and then an event happens that changes their lives.


Sixty years later the beautiful mansion, now in disrepair is demolished. In the rubble one of the men who participated in the demolition finds this bottle surprisingly intact. He gives it to the reporter who is covering this event and she makes it her mission to find out what happened to these four women. It is the story she has been waiting for.


I really enjoyed the book. It kind of made me compare what I had planned for myself vs what actually happened in my life. Needless to say I have had many diversions from my original plan. I have two questions. Did you have best friends who you thought would be in your life forever and are they still part of your life? Did you have a plan for your life and so far are you on target? Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment