Sunday, May 10, 2015

Warm Weather and the Farmer's Markets start to open

Image result for farmers market

It is May which means the weather is warming up nicely.  Actually it has been downright hot here in the District which I am sure many people love. Warmer weather signals the start of the Farmer’s Markets.  There are many in this area so I have a lot to pick from.  If you are visiting DC you may want to check some of these markets out. This list was in this weeks Washington Post and highlights some of the markets in the area.  Farmer's Markets.

I found a more comprehensive list Comprehensive list of Farmer's Markets in the DC area .

I just Finished reading the French Market Cookbook and I am armed with great recipes containing fresh produce (check out my blog post from 5/7).  The best part of the book is it is divided by season so I have a good idea what to look for when I go to the market.  I can tell you that strawberries and blueberries are at the top of the fresh fruit list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment