Monday, May 11, 2015

Sunday Notes on Monday


Image result for reading on the beach

It has been a long time since I have played my little book game.  I will catch you up if you are not familiar with how I play. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6, 2013 post. This week I scored 4 out of 10. Not too bad. In case you haven't read David Baldacci's new book The Escape it is a good beach read or airplane read.  It is one of the John Puller books and John is one of my favorite characters.  You can check my blog post for more info.  Also on the list is Nora Robert's Whiskey Beach. 

I thought I might give up Nora Robert's but I just can't seem to let go.  I was doing a lot of driving this past week and I picked up the audio book Shadow Spells which is the second book in the O'Dwyer series.  Again a very light summer reading choice.

It seems like I will have a long list of summer reading to share with you.  I am finishing up the book A Memory of Violets which I will post about this month and I had the opportunity to preview a book for Penguin Random House entitled A Wedding n Provence.  Look for that post this week.  I have also been asked to preview a book called Don't Try to Find ME, a story about a 14 year old who disappears.  Isn't that every parent's nightmare.

One more book of interest on the bestseller list is To Kill a Mockingbird.  Many of you I am sure have already read this book in High School, but I just read it again and I am amazed at how great a read it is.  The author has been getting a lot of press lately since there is talk about publishing her original manuscript.  I am very curious about how that will read.

In addition to these I have a very long, long, long list of books that I hope to share with you so stay tuned and check back often.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment