Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wild From Lost to found on the Pacific Crest Trail





 
By Cheryl Strayed

I am on a non-fiction kick.  Non-fiction is a very different world for me since I have always been a fiction kind of gal. I really like it.
I picked up this book because of the cover, one hiking boot.  I don’t know why but I found it intriguing and so I started to read it. In most people’s lives there is a sentinel event or moment that can change the course of your life.  In Wild  this moment was when the author’s mother was diagnosed with cancer. After her mother’s death she feels empty.  She goes through a very difficult time starting with her divorce and a then addiction to drugs.

The book focuses on the author’s experiences while hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. She actually decided to hike this particular trail almost on a whim.  She walked into a store saw the guidebook and decided this was something she needed to do. Her journey is a mix of physical and emotional pain.  But it is also a journey of healing.  It was a good book.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment