Saturday, April 27, 2013

Romance Novels


 
I like to read romance novels.  In fact in the past I have gotten grief for liking books that read like a lifetime movie.  So what is wrong with that?  There is usually a hunkie dunkie and beautiful women, who meet up, fall in love and live happily ever after.  After all the crap that has been going on lately what is so wrong about that story line? What can I tell you I like happy endings.  They don’t usually happen in real life so I like to read books that have happy endings.

Alas all romance novels are not alike and so starting now and into the summer, I am on a quest to find a great romance novel, one that has a good story, good characters and here is the hard part to find, the novel needs to be well written.  

I used to have my favorite romance novelists but they have let me down.  I find if I read more than one of their books I start to feeling like their books are written based on a certain formula.  Boy meets girl.  They really don’t like each other that much.  Then they like each other a whole lot.  Then they decide they don’t want to get married.  Then they decide they might want to get married.  Then they break up.  Then they get back together and live happily ever after.  I think I just wrote the outline for a romance novel, dare I try?  Not right now.  Right now I will concentrate on finding the novel and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment