Wednesday, February 27, 2013






The Perks of Being A Wallflower
 
I am taking this time to talk about a movie rather than a book.  One of my rules is that I never see a movie before reading the book. I guess you can call this rule two.  To refresh your memory, rule one is If I can't get into a book by reading the first fifty pages I stop reading the book. I broke rule two and I am glad and here is why. Emma Thompson was in this movie.  You know I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I loved Hermione.  I thought she did a very good job in this movie. So I made an exception and saw the movie first. After seeing the movie I started reading the book and had difficulty reading it.  I probably would never have gone to see the movie if I had read the book first.  (Rule number 1 could notget through the first fifty).  I did think the movie was well done. 
This is not your typical teen movie.  I saw it with my twenty year old daughter and both of us liked it.  It deals with the hard topic of surviving High School.  Many many kids go to high school and make it through just fine.  The trick and this goes for life in general is to find a group of people who accept you.
Charlie is a freshman who has some mental health issues which the viewer gets glimpses of in bits and pieces.  He hooks up with a group of older kids who are not part of the mainstream but who accept them.  The movie covers their friendship, their pain and even a little of their joy.  I think the movie did a great job capturing the many emotions that most of us experienced or will experience in High School.  This movie is worth watching.
 If you don't want to buy the movie you can rent it.  Click on  the book here on the bottom
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment