Saturday, February 2, 2013




Bossypants  by Tina Fey





Of course I knew Tina Fey before I picked up this book.  Well I don’t actually know her personally, I know of her like millions of other people.  I will never forget her as Sarah Palin or in 30 Rock.  And I confess I didn’t actually read the book I listened to it in my car read by Tina Fey.  I think the fact that she herself read the book added a lot to the enjoyment of the story. It was kind of like she was sitting on my couch just chattin with me, Just us girls.

I really did not know what to expect from this book.  As I discussed in my previous blog I always am curious about why an author picks a title.  Once again Tina answers my question in the introduction so my curiosity was satisfied very early on.  The book is her autobiography and I found the book to be humorous at times and very biting and sarcastic at other times but what would a comedian be if not funny and sarcastic. What I was really surprised about is how much we had in common like her distaste for cruises. Any of you who know me are well aware of how much I abhor big boats and the ocean.  I know a lot of you love to cruise and I respect that however, there is no way I would willingly get on a ship and spend any time on the open or closed sea.  Who cares if there is an all you can eat buffet.  I am happy eating a normal meal rather than stressing about how the heck I will burn of the extra 20,000 calories I have just eaten when my body is barely able to handle 1200.  Yes I have a metabolism with two speeds slow and stop.

 

The other thing she talked about was the “health class’ we had in fifth grade.  I don’t know if any of you remember it.  It was not a coed class so I think you all know what was being discussed.  If any guys are reading this you may want to skip to the next paragraph.  The topic of discussion in this class was Aunt Flow and Bloody Mary and we were given a little goody package that helped us deal with those feminine icons if you know what I mean.  

 Last thing she talked about going to a photo shot with wet hair and no makeup so the hair and make-up people had a very distinct before and after.  She seemed to think that they felt a real sense of achievement with the after.  It’s kind of how I feel when I go into Sephora.  The only difference is I wear make-up there and the make-up artist still winces when I ask her about applying eye make-up.  I do want to give a shout out to the lovely make-up artist who with extreme professionalism and patience showed me how to do a smokey eye.  Needless to say I bought all the products she had used.  I promise to work hard to get it to look like that again or not.

That is where the similarities and things we share in common end. 

 It is always interesting to learn what experiences in a person’s life caused them to choose their profession and the path they chose.  If you like Tina Fey LISTEN to the audio book.  I think you will really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment