Saturday, February 9, 2013








The Boonsboro Inn Trilogy by Nora Roberts


Nora Roberts is a prolific writer.  She has written many, many books and I have read many of her books. Many of her books are Lifetime books.  I mean that sincerely since many of them have been turned into movies for the Lifetime Network.  Sucker that I am I have watched them. What can I say, I am a sucker for romance and happy endings.  Hey someone needs a happy ending to their story.

I just read her Boonsboro Inn Trilogy.  Sunday mornings I wake up make myself coffee, sit down to read the Washington and lo and behold the travel section is spotlighting Nora Robert’s Inn, The Boonsboro Inn.  Well imagine my surprise to find out the setting for her last three books actually existed.  I must admit I did not enjoy her last few books.  She has become so formula driven that you basically can write the story with her.  Ok you may not be able to write it but you certainly can figure out where it the story is going.  A little boring, I must confess.  Gone are the days when I looked forward to reading the books that made up a series.  I loved her Key series and her Chesapeake series and a few of her stand alone novels, her new stuff not so much.  Nora go back to writing like you use to, change your damn formula.

Getting back to the Inn, the rooms are named for romantically linked couples in works of fiction.  Each room apparently is very well appointed.  In her Boonsboro books the Inn is haunted with a lovely but petulant ghost who comes to the rescue several times throughout the series.  I have to admit I loved the description of the Inn much better than the actual characters.  It is obvious Ms. Roberts has great affection for the Inn as does the person who wrote the article in the Travel section of the Post.  I wouldn’t recommend the books but I do hope I get to see the Inn.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment