Sunday, July 15, 2012




Wicked Appetite   by Janet Evanovich



So I am planning to make a quick trip to New Jersey.  There and back in twenty four hours.  Now for all of you who have ever made this trip or one similar to it you know how ABSOLUTLEY BORING it is, especially the New Jersey Turnpike.  Solution, once again books on CD.  Since I do need to watch where I am going, because I do not want to cause any accidents, I usually try to pick something light and easy to follow.  Any of you who have read my blog before know that Janet Evanovich for me is a fun author to listen to while I drive.  Lorelei King is the actress reading the book and I think she does a great job doing the voices.  When I hear her changing from voice to voice I can’t help but remember the line in the movie Mrs Doubtfire when the social worker asks Daniel played by Robin Williams what he does and he says “I do voices”.  She looked at him like what kind of job is that but actually it’s a pretty great job if you do it well like him. Robin Williams is so out there anyway. After all he’s lived on another planet Nano Nano.

Anyway a colleague of mine lent me the CD Wicked Appetite and it did not disappoint although I must say that the humor in this book was not as good as the Stefanie Plum novels.  This one is about Lizzy a pastry chef who left Virginia to live in Massachusetts when her great Aunt dies and leaves her this very cool historic house.  The house just so happens to be close to Salem, Mass and you all know what happened there in 1692, Yup the Salem Witch Trials.  Personally I think if you have a good witch for a friend it’s a good thing not a bad thing, but people at that time didn’t share my opinion.  So of course Lizzy has special powers, but she is not actually a witch.  One day this hunky guy also with special powers comes in to ask for her help and the fun begins.  You will have to read the book to find out what happens.  The book is by no means a great work of fiction but it is fun. Another good beach read. Enjoy!

And by the way Janet Evanovich just released another book in this series  called Wicked Business.  I will keep it in mind for my next quick trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment