Sunday, September 6, 2020

The Art of Her Deal

When this book was first announced I said I really wanted to read it.  Well I did.  It certainly gave me new insights into the First Lady of the United States.  FLOTUS definitely wants to emphasize that she has a mind of her own.

I am glad that was cleared up so I don't have to feel sorry for her. Not that I felt sorry for her before.  She certainly knew what she was signing up for when she married "The Donald". Apparently her marriage suits her and far be it for anyone to say what makes a good or bad marriage.  I certainly wouldn't pass judgement, marriage is way to hard.  If you find something that works go with it.

The only problem I have is she has not had a mission, no goal, no cause.  Up until now the first ladies had something they were passionate about and carried out that passion while their spouse was in the White House.  Not Sure Mrs Trump has done that.  

The position of first lady has always been for me inspirational.  Look who has  recently held the position:  Laura and Barbara Bush, Literacy, Hilary Clinton, women's advocacy and countless other issues, Michelle Obama Let's Move.  Melania had something going by her Be Best movement but she did nothing with it.

The book is very interesting and worthy of reading.  


No comments:

Post a Comment