Saturday, December 15, 2012




I dreamed a Dream  Les Miserables

Once upon a time in the not too distant past I was an insatiable theater goer.  I grew up in a family that felt the same way.  I am not sure how old I was when my parents took me to see my first Broadway show.  Living on Long Island, Broadway was a mere forty five minute train ride on the Long Island Railroad. After seeing that very first show, I had Broadway fever and every year my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday and every year the answer was to see a Broadway show.  In fact, the best birthday present I ever had was from my husband.  We went to New York for a three day weekend and we saw Five shows. In addition to seeing the amazing Phantom of the Opera, we caught the last performance of Present Laughter with Frank Langella.  At the end of the performance he actually come out on stage and had a discussion with the audience.  A DELIGHT to listen to him talk!

Unfortunately, in recent years I have not been to the theater as much as I would have liked and one of the shows that I actually have never seen live is Les Miz.  I heard a gasp from many of you as you read that last sentence but alas it is true.  And believe me I find it hard to believe myself.  After all Les Miz played on Broadway for an astounding 6,680 over ten years. Where the heck was I and what was I thinking.  So to right this awful wrong I will be one of the millions of people who will be racing to the theater to see the movie version.  The cast alone is reason to see it.  So as many of you out there might be thinking, I am going to try to be one of the millions that go to see it on Christmas Day.  My family and I are pumped up and ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment