Sunday, February 7, 2021

What's Up


 

Saturday, I woke up early so that I could get my food shopping done before the crowds hit the stores.  Snow was once again in the forecast so I knew the volume would be amped up.  As I was driving, a fire truck and ambulance passed.  

At first I thought nothing of it, why should I, fire trucks and ambulances are part of everyday life and I live pretty close to a hospital. However,  a police car came racing up the road with the flashers on and then another.  Again an everyday occurrence but when five more came racing up the road all I could think of was that there was some kind of shooting incident.  Honestly, I don't know why that came into my head.  Nothing usually happens where I live but when you see all these police cars moving at top speed you know that this is something out of the ordinary. It just goes with the times.  The pandemic has brought out the crazies in a lot of people.  The political atmosphere has brought out the crazies and then there are just those who are crazy.

Sadly, I was right.  The police were responding to two traffic accidents but when the driver was confronted he became violent.  Police fired.  He was shot.

I sit here shaking my head and saying what has happened.  Has this always been happening and we are more aware of it because of a twenty four hour news cycle, or has the world changed so much?


The bigger question is how can we fix it?  How can we make things safer? It has to be possible. I wish I knew.



No comments:

Post a Comment