Sunday, October 11, 2015

My Continuing Pumpkin Recipe Quest



Anybody who knows me, knows how much I love macaroni and cheese.  I also love pumpkin and as I keep saying 'tis the season to eat pumpkin.
So it is my turn to host book club.  Our book club protocol is when you host you are responsible for making the whole dinner.  I really like this because I get to plan the entire meal.  I made grilled chicken and then I thought wouldn't it be great to make pumpkin macaroni and cheese.  I started with a regular mac and cheese recipe made with velveeta.  Got to make mac and cheese with velveeta.  But to make it a little smoother I added a small cream cheese and some shredded cheddar.  Than I added a can of Libby's pumpkin puree.  The picture above is what it looked like right before I popped it in the oven.  Let me just say it has a million calories.
To counter act the million calorie mac and cheese, we started out with a veggie platter and cheese and crackers.  After all when you are watching your calories veggies are a good thing right?  Ok a little rationalization here, but it was Friday night, one day off from counting calories every now and then never hurt anyone.  I know more rationalization. I also served a salad that is good.  By the way the book that was discussed was The Goldfinch. Fantastic book.  I will be posting about it next Saturday.
Next week is girl's weekend at the beach and I am bringing a pumpkin lasagna.  To "reduce" the number of calories I am putting my own spin on the lasagna.  I will get you the recipe after the beach weekend.
Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment