Saturday, October 25, 2014

Still Foolin Them




I love Billy Crystal.  Who can forget him in When Harry Met Sally, City Slickers, and Analyze that just to name a few.  Even his voice is funny,  he lends it to the character in Monsters Inc. That is why I couldn't resist this book.  The book first came to my attention when Billy Crystal was paying tribute to Robin Williams on The View.  I actually listened to the book on CD for the simple reason, he is the narrator and he is Marvelous.  I was driving a lot the last week and I barely noticed since I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face.  He also holds a special place in my heart because he is my home boy.  He grew up one town over from where I grew up, just a little ahead of me.

Being as famous as Billy Crystal  has more perks than just being recognized and loved which is what I found out listening to the book. One of the many stories he tells is about his beloved baseball. His first love was baseball.  Actually growing up on Long Island and having the Yankees and the Mets so close makes baseball many people's love, but he actually played the game in school.  He ended up acting but he never forgot his first love.  For his 60th birthday he was signed by the New York Yankees to a ONE DAY CONTRACT. This was no joke or walk in the park.  He played and had an at bat.  I guess if I was famous I would like a one day contract to dance with the Rockettes in the Macy's Day Parade. Dreams are wonderful aren't they!

Anyway after he leaves the field he is told that the big guy George Steinbrenner wants to talk with him.  Steinbrenner told him he was being traded for Jerry Seinfeld.  The way he told the story was hilarious but when he talked about the trade I was laughing so hard I wasn't sure I could drive.  It is a very funny book.  If you decide to try it I recommend the audio book but reading it is good too.  Enjoy! For More info on this book follow the link Still Foolin Them




No comments:

Post a Comment