Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Christmas Sisters



The Hallmark channel is starting to show Christmas movies which of course I watch.  The great thing about these movies is that at the end everything works out and people are happy.  So not true in real life but who cares.

It is also my signal to read holiday themed novels and this is the first one I read this season.

 My husband and I decided to take a long weekend off and drive to Lancaster county.  We stayed at the Historic Smithton Inn which I highly recommend.  It was absolutely perfect.

It was a cold and rainy evening so after eating dinner at the White Swan, we decided to come back to the Inn and chill.  I cracked open The Christmas Sisters and read till I finished the book.

The book is about three sisters who lost their parents at a very young age.  They were adopted by their Mom's best friend. While they were close growing up, but as they grew and pursued careers and families they hardly saw each other.  This year they all gathered at their adopted home in Scotland for Christmas and worked on their relationships. Their stories were good so enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment