Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Brutal Telling




I listened to this book.  I had a lot of driving this week so it was nice to reduce the boredom of driving on the interstates. 

Once again, I chose a Louise Penny Book.  I so love the characters in her books.  In my opinion her best books are the Three Pines series.  The Brutal Telling is number 5 in the series.

Even though it is not necessary, I am trying to read them in order.  In the first book, Still Life you are of course introduced to the many characters. Every subsequent book adds depth and dimension to each of these characters.  I feel that if I was to stumble into the Bistro in Three Pines I would immediately recognize Olivier and his partner Gabre. Oh and who could miss Ruth Zardo the anti-social famous poet. I can imagine walking up to her and telling her how much I admire her work and her telling me to piss off. 

Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Sûreté du Quebec is the man sent to this sleepy village when there is a murder.  Surprisingly there are many murders in this small town so Gamache is there frequently. He is a great character.  Everything you would want in a person investigating murders.

In this book a man is found dead in the bistro and Olivier is devastated and a prime suspect.  It's a good book.  Read it! or Listen to it.  If you don't have Audible consider trying it by tapping on the banner below.








No comments:

Post a Comment