Saturday, December 5, 2015

Have a Foodie on Your Holiday List? Here is a suggestion




















 I was drawn to the tile of this book right away. Who knew there was a list of foods to eat before you died. Who new I had to add food to my bucket list. Mimi Sheraton certainly felt she needed a food bucket list but that would make sense since she was a food writer and food is her life.
I am happy to say that I do not have to start from ground zero when trying to check off the foods on the list. I have eaten many of them and I ate them in their country of origin. How can you not eat fish and chips or cornish pasties when you are in England. Although we make a mean baguette in the United States, there is something about eating it in France that really changes the taste. Maybe it tastes better because of the wine and cheese I had as an accompaniment. Kartoffelsalat in Germany is delish when eaten mitt bratwurst.
Any self respecting New Yorker cut their eye teeth on bagels and bialys. And lastly at every holiday meal my grandmother made the most mouth watering Chicken Fricassee with Meatballs. It was a requirement. My mom came close to duplicating the dish and I come in third place. Of course Grandma and my Mom never used a recipe.
These are just a couple after all there are 1000! So I guess I am going to have to get eating. It is going to take me at least twenty years to make it through most of the list. I say most because there are some foods I will not be eating in my lifetime. I am shooting for at least 900. Care to join me?
Anyway this a fun and interesting book so you might want to give it a try. If you have a foodie with a tablet or a kindle on your holiday list you may want to order it for them.  The price is right and there is no shipping cost.  Oh and it is delivered in 30 seconds to a minute.  Don't know how long Amazon will have it at this price so if you are interested click on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment