Sunday, November 15, 2015

Leftover Turkey makes Great Sandwiches!

Image result for thanksgiving dinner

So her is another when I was growing up on Long Island stories.  
Back in the day when I was growing up on Long Island, Thanksgiving was a big deal.  My family and our relatives always got together.  The location of the meal would rotate between my Mom and my two aunts.  It was and still is my favorite holiday of the year.
Why?  Because it is all about getting together with people you like, laughing, eating and just having a good time. No presents or other stuff to get in the way. There were a lot of us back then.  My grandparents were alive and my cousins would always come with all my aunts and uncles.  So the table was full.  It was fantastic.
I loved it when we hosted because my Mom would make a huge turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole of course.  Thanksgiving is not Thanksgiving without grean bean casserole made with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup.  It still served at my Thanksgiving Table to this day.  Hosting it meant that there was a good chance there would be turkey leftover.  Turkey tastes great with a slice of jellied cranberry on a fresh roll with a little thousand island dressing.  
I am sure many of you have your own favorite leftovers dish and if you would llike to share them with us I would love to hear about them. That is why when I saw these terrific sandwich ideas I just had to share them with you.  So check them out

Sandwich recipes for leftover turkey, not your boring everyday sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment