Friday, January 25, 2013




The Forgotten by David Balducci

I always love to figure out how an author determines the Title of the book, Don’t you?  Sometimes the title is very straight and to the point. Other times I sit there scratching my head wondering where the author or for that matter the publisher came up with the title.  Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck is one of those and I have talked with English Teachers and other readers and I still don't get it.  I would be willing to hear from any of you if you feel you can enlighten me. Sometimes the reason for the title is not very obvious. For this book, You definitely get it right from the beginning.

John Puller is back.  John was first introduced to all of us in the book Zero Day (see my blog for a recap).  If you haven’t read Zero Day I highly recommend that you do. John’s father a decorated General suffering from Dementia receives a letter from Puller’s Aunt Betsy.  While she does not get too specific it is enough to get the General very agitated and  he demands to see Puller. The letter’s message is sufficient enough to get Puller to visit her in of all places Paradise, Florida.  By the time Puller arrives in Paradise Betsy is dead and she is not the only one!  So much for living in Paradise! Believe me telling you this is not going to ruin the story since the reader finds out these facts within the first few pages.

The Police and the Medical Examiner are ruling it an accident but Puller is not buying it and so he starts his own investigation.   Shocking what he finds and who he needs to “take care of” to solve these murders. If you liked Zero Day you will like The Forgotten and if you read this first go back and read Zero Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment